Microgrit WCA Series
Aluminum Oxide-Alumina Powder
APPLICATIONS IN SURFACE FINISHING
Precision Optics Optical Glass Quartz Germanium
- Piezo-Electronics Semiconductor Materials Gallium Arenide
- Precision Bearings Buffing Compounds Stainless Steels
- Harden Steels Minerals Ferrous & Non ferrous Metals
ADVANTAGES OF USING WCA IN SURFACE FINISHING
- The platelet crystal shape causes orientation parallel to the lap and the work surface; pressure is thereby distributed uniformly over a larger surface of the abrasives and work surface. This allows for more stock removal and less subsurface damage as well as prolonged abrasive life.
- The aspect ratio allows for the abrasive to vehicle ratio to be decreased from 50%-30% on typical fused aluminum oxide to 20% -15% on WCA slurries, thus reducing abrasive consumption by 50%.
- Uniform size and quality of particle integrity prevent random scratching or damage to the work piece. Micro Abrasives offers a variety of different suspension treatments to prevent hard packing and provide different levels of suspension. Custom blends of suspension treatments can be made for special or unique applications. Premixed slurries are available upon request.
720 Southampton Road
P.O. Box 669
Westfield, MA 01086-0669
Fax: (413) 562-7409
Micro Abrasives Europe GmbH
Schweriner Strasse 13,
D-22844 Norderstedt, Germany
Tel: +49 40 522 05 867, Fax: +49 40 522 05 869
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org